BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Listen to TWFL's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Faith

A man walks into the grocery store, and up to the store assistant. "Mam", she turns around, and pastes on her normal fake I-don't-hate-my-job smile, "Yes Sir, may I help you?". "Why yes you can, I'm looking for Faith", says the man. "Faith, sure right this way" she replies, and leads him towards a checkout counter, to a bored looking blond girl, ringing up some peanuts, "Faith" says the woman, "There is a man here to see you". The man, looking quite disappointed, shakes his head, "No...Not her, I'm looking to buy faith, the faith of a mustard seed" replies the man. "Oh we have mustard seeds, on aisle four!" says the woman. "No, that's not what I'm looking for! I need Faith!" Finally seeing that this was going nowhere, he thanks them for there time, and leaves.

Next he tries the convenient store down the street. He comes up to the counter and asks his question again, "Where can I get some Faith?". The cashier, lets out a quick laugh, "Not here", he says. Very let down, the man walks out. After repeating his question all around town with no success, he slumps on a park bench and sighs.

Soon, he is startled by his cell phone ringing, he flips it open and says hello. "Hey", says the man on the other side, "What's up?" "Nothing" replies the man, "Just trying to find Faith". "Faith? Like at church?". "Yes!" says the man with renewed hope, "Yes I am, I've looked everywhere. You see, the preacher Sunday told me that everyone needs faith, and I want some, I've tried the gym, the park, the grocery store...everywhere! But no one knows where to get any! I guess next I'll have to go door to door and ask people". He hears laughing on the other side, "What?" he asks, "Why are you laughing?". The man, recovering, says, "Well...It's just that, you can't buy Faith, it doesn't work that way...Okay, tell you what, I'll be at the church today around two, can you meet me there?". "Okay" says the quite confused man, "I'll be there".

Later at the church, he sits and waits for the other man to arrive. When he gets there, they sit down. The other man hands him a book. "Um....This is a book" says the disappointed man, "I was hoping you would give me Faith". The other man smiles and laughs, "Just read it", he says, "You'll find your Faith". He takes the book home, and reads it, taking his time so he wouldn't miss his Faith.

Two weeks later, the man died of pancreatic cancer, still clutching the Bible that was given to him that day. The man who gave it to him, spoke at the funeral. "Two weeks ago, I was talking to this man about faith", he says, "You may have even seen him all over town looking for it. Well....he found it, in the Bible".


Now I really don't know why I wrote this, and I hope it made sense. It was in my head, and in my heart, and now on my blog.....

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow...that was really good.

R@y-R@y said...

Thank you so much!